Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 330g Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar
- 100g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 330g plain flour
- ¾ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- ½ level tsp salt
- 100g blanched hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Roughly chop all the chocolate into smallish chunks.
- Combine the butter and Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar together in a mixing bowl and, using a wooden spoon, beat until light and creamy for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Next, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt then stir into the creamed mixture to make a soft dough.
- Add the chocolate and nuts and mix through. Divide into 16, roll into balls, place on a tray, cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan160°C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Place 3 or 4 balls of dough on each baking tray, well spaced apart as they will spread. Bake on the top and middle shelves of the oven for 20-22 minutes, swapping the trays over halfway through. They are ready when pale golden and still a little soft. Leave to firm up on the trays before removing with a palette knife to a wire rack to cool, then bake the rest of the cookies. Serve.
You will also need 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.