Summer Chicken Kebabs
15 mins + 1-2 hours marinating
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (each cut into 8-10 chunks)
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 red yellow (de-seeded and cut into chunks)
- 2 courgettes (sliced)
- 2 limes (quartered)
- Mixed salad leaves (to serve)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to season)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Place the pieces of chicken, peppers and courgettes into a large bowl (not a metal one). Add the oil, vinegar, Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown sugar, mustard and crushed garlic, then season with salt and freshly ground pepper. With a wooden spoon or your hands, mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. Cover with cling film, then refrigerate and leave to marinate for between 1-2 hours.
2. When ready to cook, soak 8 wooden kebab sticks in hot water for about 5 minutes. Preheat the barbecue or grill.
3. Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the kebab sticks with the lime wedges. Barbecue or grill for about 12-15 minutes, turning often, until thoroughly cooked.
Instead of using a bowl, put all the chicken mixture into a large plastic bag and seal it tightly, leaving it in the fridge to marinate.