- 255g ready-made puff pastry
- Flour (for dusting)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 100g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar (to dust)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the pastry onto a lightly-floured surface and roll out to 1cm thick.
- Brush the pastry with the egg, then sprinkle with the Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- Taking the longest side in hand first, roll up the pastry lengthways and slice into 1cm thick rounds.
- Place the palmiers onto a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for eight to 10 minutes, or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown in colour.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
If you're a chocolate lover, try mixing 30g of cocoa powder with the sugar before sprinkling over the pastry.