Sticky Barbecue Chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 rounded tbsp Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar
- 4 rosemary branches
- a few bay leaves
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 heads garlic (cut in half)
- 2 lemons (cut into large chunks)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar, rosemary and bay leaves in a large bowl. Add the chicken, garlic, lemons and seasoning and toss to lightly coat everything with the oily mixture. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- If cooking on a BBQ - arrange the chicken, garlic halves and lemons on the barbecue and cook over a moderate heat turning from time to time for about 20-35 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken, or until the chicken is browned and cooked through and the garlic is tender. Transfer to a dish and serve.
- If cooking in the oven put in oven proof dish and cook in a preheated oven for 35 minutes at 220°C/Fan 200°, 425°F, Gas 7.