Spiced Cookie S’mores
For the cookies
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 150g Tate&Lyle Demerara sugar
- 50g Tate&Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
For the filling
- 15 marshmallows
- 9 tsp chocolate and hazelnut spread
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190C, fan oven 170C, Gas Mark 5. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set to one side. Place the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg until fully incorporated.
- Sift over the flour, bicarbonate of soda and then add the mixed spice and mix in well with a wooden spoon. Spoon level tablespoons of the cookie mixture on to the two trays spacing them well apart. You should have around 30 cookies in total.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble the S’mores, preheat your grill to medium high. Spread the bases of half the cookies with half a teaspoon of the chocolate and hazelnut spread and set to one side. Place a marshmallow on the bases of the remainder. Place on the grill pan and grill for 2 minutes or until melting and lightly golden. Place the other cookie on top, chocolate side against the marshmallow and serve straight away.
Traditionally served at bon-fire night, try toasting your marshmallows over the flames of the fire - take it slowly as they will burn quickly and then assemble with your cookies as above.