- 200g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 50g cake crumbs
- 5 tbsp Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- Edible glitter or tiny stars to decorate
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Break the chocolate and place in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave until melted, add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Stir in the cream and cake crumbs and mix well. Put in the fridge for about 1-2 hours until the mixture is stiff enough to handle.
- To make into truffles, scoop out about 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a plate and repeat until you have about 20 truffles.
- Put your chosen finish into a teacup, then toss each truffle to coat evenly and carefully lift out into a paper cases. Return to the refrigerator to chill. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Use 200g good quality white chocolate (eg Green and Blacks) and add 50g chopped glace cherries
Look out for edible glitter or stars; Lakeland, Squires and Cake Craft World are good sources for fun cake decorations. If you cannot find sparkly decorations the truffles can be coated in sieved Tate & Lyle Icing sugar