Seared Citrus Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (each about 150g)
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 90ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed chillies or chilli powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- a few sprigs of oregano
- new potatoes and vegetables (to serve)
- griddled orange wedges (to garnish)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish. Blend the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar with the oil, lemon juice and crushed chillies or chilli powder and seasoning, then pour over the chicken.
- Add the oregano sprigs. Cover loosely then allow to marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Turn the breasts at least once during this time.
- When ready to cook, drain the chicken breasts, reserving the marinade. If using a griddle pan, heat the lightly oiled pan then add the chicken and seal on both sides. Add the marinade and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- If using a frying pan, heat 1 extra tablespoon oil, add the chicken and cook over a high heat until sealed. Add the marinade then continue to cook the chicken for 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, make sure the marinade does not completely dry up and burn.
- Season to taste then serve with the vegetables and garnish with the grilled orange wedges.
If preferred the chicken can also be cooked on the barbecue instead, brushing occasionally with the marinade.