Rhubarb & Almond Crumble
for the topping
- 250g plain flour
- 125g ground almonds
- 375g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g flaked almonds
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 250g butter (softened)
for the rhubarb
- 800g fresh rhubarb (chopped into 1cm pieces)
- 2tsp cornflour
- 125g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- Cream, ice cream or crème fraîche
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- To make the topping, place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well. Add the butter and bring together with your hands into rough crumbs.
- Divide the rhubarb between eight ramekins or into one large oven proof dish.
- Mix the cornflour with the Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar and sprinkle it evenly over the fruit. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit and press down very gently.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Serve with cream, ice cream or crème fraîche.
Why not add a vanilla twist to your crumble by sweetening the rhubarb with a few tablespoons of our delicious vanilla and rhubarb jam? You can find the recipe here.