- 600g redcurrants
- 100g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 75g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- 200ml water
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Put the redcurrants in a saucepan with a splash of water. Place over a low heat and cook for 10 minutes until the fruit starts to break down.
- Whizz the cooked currants in a blender or processor, then push through a sieve into a bowl. Discard the skins.
- In a clean saucepan, heat the caster sugar and Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar together with the water over a low heat until dissolved. Increase the heat and simmer for a few minutes to make a sugar syrup.
- Mix the syrup with the purée, check for sweetness and allow to cool. Pour the mixture into a plastic container, freeze for two hours, fork through to break up the crystals, then freeze again. Repeat this process twice more.
- Serve as a palate cleanser or stirred together with a shot of vodka as a redcurrant daiquiri.