Raspberry Swiss Roll
- 4 eggs
- 115g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar, plus extra to dust
- Vanilla pod, seeds only
- 75g self-raising flour
- 200ml double cream
- 1tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 2/3 jar good quality raspberry jam
- 200g fresh raspberries
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 and line a 23 x 33cm tin with baking parchment.
- Place the eggs, Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar and vanilla seeds into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour over this mixture and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and smooth it out with a spatula until evenly spread.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place a sheet of baking parchment that is slightly bigger than the tin onto the work surface and dust with some Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- Turn the sponge out onto the parchment paper then peel off the parchment on the bottom of the sponge. Let the sponge cool slightly.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks with the vanilla extract.
- To assemble the Swiss roll, spread the raspberry jam over the cooled sponge, leaving a 2cm gap around the edge.
- Spread the whipped cream over the jam and evenly distribute the fresh raspberries over the cream.
- Take the longest edge, then using the parchment paper underneath, roll up the sponge quite tightly, trying to make sure that the filling stays inside.
- Roll the sponge off the parchment, dust with extra Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar and cut into slices to serve.