Pineapple & Demerara Frozen Margarita
- 100 g fresh pineapple (cut into chunks)
- 1 lime
- 100 ml tequila
- 50 ml triple sec
- 3 tbsp Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
- About 12 ice cubes
- Pineapple slices (to garnish)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Put the pineapple chunks into a blender. Cut 2 slices from the lime for decoration, then squeeze the juice from the remainder and add this to the blender with the tequila, triple sec and 4 tsp of the Tate & Lyle Demerara sugar.
2. Tip half the ice cubes into the blender and blend for a few seconds. Add the rest of the ice cubes and blend again to give a thick, slushy consistency.
3. Sprinkle the rest of the Demerara sugar onto a plate. Dip the rims of 2 Margarita glasses into water, then dip into the sugar, so that the rims are coated. Pour in the frozen mixture, then serve, decorated with lime and pineapple slices.
You could use Cointreau instead of triple sec if you already have some in your drinks cabinet.