Personalised Chocolate Eggs
- 250g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 2tbsp water
- 6 chocolate Easter eggs
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Beat the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and water together with a hand whisk. Remember that you need a medium consistency so that the icing will flow out of the piping bag and nozzle in a smooth way. It also needs to retain its shape so that your names don’t start to run. Don’t be afraid to mix and dilute a bit (with more water or more Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar) until you get it right.
- It is always a good idea to do a few sample piped letters on a piece of baking parchment to check the consistency of the icing before you start work on the chocolate eggs.
- When you are ready, perch the unwrapped chocolate eggs in a mug or bowl (depending on their size) to keep them stable. Carefully pipe your icing letters directly on to the chocolate.
- Lie the eggs down to dry (you can prop them in place with clean tea towels), then wrap in cellophane and add an Easter ribbon!