Pear, Hazelnut & Chocolate Cake
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 100g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 225g Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 200ml sunflower or groundnut oil
- grated zest and juice from ½ orange
- 3-4 ripe pears (approx weight 450g)
- 50g plain chocolate (to decorate)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Grease a 20cm deep springform cake tin well then line the base with baking parchment
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl stir in the chopped chocolate, orange zest and nuts. In another bowl whisk the Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado, eggs, oil, and orange juice until very smooth and slightly frothy. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Peel, core and dice the pears into small pieces and fold into the cake mixture then turn into the prepared tin and level. Bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour until risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before releasing the sides, then leave the cake to cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water then drizzle over the cool cake.
Try other nuts such a pecans or walnuts.