Orange Muscovado Chicken
15 minutes (plus 1-2 hours to marinate)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange (plus 1 orange sliced)
- 1 tbsp Tate & Lyle Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4-6 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (plus sprigs to garnish)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Slice/score each chicken breast 3-4 times and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, orange zest and juice, the Tate & Lyle Dark Muscovado sugar and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken breasts and then add the onion, garlic, thyme leaves and orange slices. Turn to coat, then cover and refrigerate. Leave to marinate for 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to medium high. Put the chicken breasts onto a shallow roasting tray and pour over about half the marinade. Grill for about 6-7 minutes.
4. Turn over and add the remaining marinade. Grill for a further 6-7 minutes until the chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked. Check with a sharp knife – the juices should run clear. Serve garnished with thyme sprigs.
Another time, try with lemons instead of oranges.