Mini Pecan Pies
- 80g pecan nuts (coarsely chopped)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 80ml golden syrup
- 1tbsp dark rum
- 110g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 packet of ready-made ready-rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg
- 30ml double cream
- Pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease the wells of a tart tray or muffin tin. Turn on the grill and toast the pecans for a few minutes on a baking sheet.
- Heat the butter, golden syrup, rum and Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar in a saucepan until boiling. Stir continuously. Remove from the heat and leave to cool until just warm.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out 16 circles with a fluted cutter. Place the circles into the prepared tin.
- Now, in a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg and add to the cooled syrup mixture. Add the cream and salt and stir.
- Place two thirds of the pecans into the tart cases, fill with the syrup and egg mix, then sprinkle any remaining pecans on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, allow to cool in the tin for five minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.