Mini Blackberry and Apple Crumbles
For the filling
- 600g cooking apples
- Knob of butter
- 250g blackberries
- 50g Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
for the topping
- 50g self-raising flour
- 50g wholemeal plain flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g cold butter
- 75g Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
- 50g hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan170°C, 375°F, Gas 5.
- Peel, core and chop the apples, then put them into a pan with the butter and a tablespoon water cook together for 5 minutes until beginning to soften, add the Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar then remove from the heat. Gently fold in the blackberries and tip into an ovenproof dish or four individual dishes or cups.
- To make the crumble, put the flours into a bowl with the cinnamon, dice the butter and add to the bowl, then rub together until the mixture looks like rough crumbs. Stir in the Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar and nuts. Scatter over the fruit and bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.
- Serve with thick cream or crème fraiche.