Luxury Easter Plaited Loaf
1 hour (plus time for dough to rise)
- 500 g flour (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
- 150 g Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
- 100 g chocolate granules
- 100 g pine nuts
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 100 g chopped almonds
- 100 g warm milk
- 100 g butter (plus extra for brushing)
- 6 eggs
- 1 egg yolk (mixed with two tablespoons of milk)
- 1 sachet of dry baker's yeast
- Cinnamon powder for sprinkling
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Mix the flour with the Tate & Lyle Demerara, arrange it in a pile on the countertop and open a cavity in the center. Dissolve the yeast in warm milk and pour into the cavity.
2. Add the butter and eggs and knead very well until you get a well-bonded dough. Transfer to a bowl dusted with flour, cover with a damp cloth and let rise until double the volume.
3. Extend the dough into a rectangle and brush with butter. Spread over a little more Tate & Lyle Demerara, cinnamon powder, chocolate pieces and nuts.
4. Fold the dough and cut it in three pieces in the lengthwise direction. Braid the three pieces and join the three ends of each side. Arrange in a tray. Cover again with the cloth and let it rise for another 20 minutes.
5. Mix 1 egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of milk.
6. After the indicated time, brush the braid with the yolk-milk mixture, and bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC, for 40 minutes.
7. Remove, let cool and decorated to taste.