Hot Apple Pie Winter Warmer
- 500ml pressed cloudy apple juice
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
- a good pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Demerara Sugar 50g
- 4 tbsp double cream, lightly whipped (optional)
- a good pinch of Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Pour the apple juice into a large saucepan, add the cinnamon stick, nutmeg, vanilla extract and Demerara sugar. Gently heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves and bring almost to the boil.
- Remove the cinnamon and carefully pour into 2 heatproof glasses. Top each with a spoonful of cream and sprinkle with the Demerara sugar (if using). Serve straight away.
If you want to ‘pep’ this drink up a little for the grown ups, simply add a splash of dark rum or Brandy just after heating through.