Gooey Chocolate Pud
For the pudding
- 85g Tate & Lyle Brown Sugar with Stevia
- 175g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85g butter
- 50g ground almonds
- 250ml skimmed milk
And for the sauce...
- 50g Tate & Lyle Brown Sugar with Stevia
- 25g cocoa powder
- 600ml boiling water
Finally, to serve...
- Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar for dusting
- Approximately 250g frozen raspberries
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4 (if using a fan-assisted oven adjust the temperature according to instructions). Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter. Stir in Tate & Lyle Brown Sugar with Stevia, almonds and mix in the milk until smooth. Spoon into a deep, 2 litre round oven-proof dish and level the surface.
- For the sauce mix together the Tate & Lyle Brown Sugar with Stevia and cocoa powder and whisk in the boiling water. Pour the cocoa liquid over the pudding and bake for 30-40 minutes (placed on a baking sheet) or until the top is firm and there is a lovely dark sauce at the bottom.
- Leave to stand for just a minute or two before serving (the sauce will be absorbed by the sponge if left to stand too long). Dust with Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar. Spoon into dishes and serve with frozen raspberries.
Get the kids involved
Kids will enjoy making chocolate icing sugar to sieve on top - 1 part cocoa powder, 2 parts icing sugar.
The deeper the dish the longer the cooking time, so depending on the depth of your dish, take a peek 5-10 minutes before the end of the recommended time.