Tate & Lyle Brondies : Duo Dark & White Chocolate Brownies
- 100g plain chocolate, chopped
- 115g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 115g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Cane Sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan160°C /350°F/Gas 4.
- Lightly grease a shallow 23cm (9”) square tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a mixing bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- When melted, remove the bowl from the heat, cool a little and stir in the eggs, Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar, flour, cocoa, hazelnuts and chocolate chips, until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread level. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until springy in the centre. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then cut into 16 equal pieces and when cool, remove from the tin.
- Dust with the Tate & Lye Icing Sugar.