- 300ml full cream milk
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee granules
- 500g Tate& Lyle Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 100g unsalted butter
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Grease an 18cm (7”) shallow square tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- Pour the milk into a large heavy based pan, slowly bring to simmer then add the coffee and stir until dissolved. Add the Tate& Lyle Caster Sugar, the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and butter and continue to stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place a sugar thermometer in the pan and cook the mixture over a low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking for approximately 25 minutes until the temperature reaches the soft ball stage 116°C. If you do not have a thermometer, drop a small spoonful of the mixture into a teacup of ice-cold water. Mould it with your fingers into a ball and remove from the water. If it holds its shape under water, but immediately loses its shape and flattens between your fingers, it is ready.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Beat until the fudge begins to thicken and lose its gloss.
- Pour into the tin. When cool, mark into squares. Once the fudge is set and firm it can be broken into pieces, or cut into squares with a sharp knife.