Christmas Chocolate Spiced Shortbread
- 2 x 125g butter
- 2 x 55g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 2 x 1tsp mixed spice or cinnamon
- 160g plain flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 175g plain flour
- Tate and Lyle Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- 115g dark chocolate
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4.
- Line an 18cm x 28cm (8”x 11”) tin with baking parchment.
- Place one quantity of butter and sugar into a large bowl and cream together with 1tsp of mixed spice.
- Sift in 160g (5½oz) of plain flour and cocoa powder. Work the flour mixture into the butter and sugar with your fingers to form soft dough. Repeat this method with the remaining set of butter, sugar, spice and175g (6oz) plain flour.
- Roll out each dough on a floured surface to fill one half of each end of the prepared tin. Score the shortbread into fingers with a knife.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the plain side is pale golden. Leave to cool slightly, then cut through where the shortbread has been scored and gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and dust with caster sugar.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each finger into the chocolate on one end to coat.