Chai-Spiced Hot Buttered Rum
- 20g butter (at room temperature)
- 20g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown
- Boiling water
- 2 spiced Chai tea bags
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks (to serve)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Beat the butter and Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar together until creamy.
- Warm 2 serving glasses with boiling water, tip it out, then put a tea bag into each glass, filling them about 2/3rds full with boiling water. Steep for 3 minutes, then remove the tea bags.
- Share the butter and sugar mixture between the glasses, then add the rum and stir well.
- Serve at once, sprinkled with a little freshly grated nutmeg, with the cinnamon sticks to decorate.
Adjust the drink to suit your taste – if you like it a little spicier, steep the tea bags for an extra minute. If you prefer less punch from the rum, just add 1 tablespoon to each glass.