Leftover Bread & Butter Pudding
- 200ml Full fat milk
- 100ml Double cream
- 1 Vanilla pod (split)
- 1 Medium orange (thinly pared zest)
- 60g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 8 Small slices 2-day old fruit bread (about 250g cut into triangles)
- 3 Medium eggs
- 60g Tate & Lyle Golden Granulated Sugar
- Custard or cream (for serving)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan160°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Combine the milk, cream, vanilla pod and orange zest in a small non-stick pan, simmer for 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat, cover and leave to infuse until cool.
- Butter the bread on both sides, arrange half the slices in the dish, overlapping them as you do.
- Beat the eggs and 40g of the Tate & Lyle Golden Granulated Sugar together in a jug then add the milk mixture, removing the vanilla pod, scraping out and adding the seeds.
- Discard the vanilla pod and the orange. Pour half the milk mixture over the bread, arrange a second layer of bread on top then pour over the remainder of the milk.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the Tate & Lyle Golden Granulated Sugar and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the pudding in the roasting tin, fill halfway with hot water and bake on the middle shelf for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove and serve with custard or cream.