Banana & Chocolate Bread
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 very ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g butter, softened
- 100g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 50g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp runny honey
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon and salt together in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana with the sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat together the butter and Tate & Lyle Sugars with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Finally add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the banana and sour cream mixture, stir through the chocolate chips, then spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes, then brush the top with honey. Leave for another 20 minutes, then carefully lift out and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.