All American pumpkin pie
- 350g pumpkin flesh (skin and seeds removed)
- 1tbsp Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 packet of ready-made ready-rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 2 eggs (plus 1 extra, beaten, for glazing)
- 50g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 270g condensed milk
- Ice cream or cream
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 370°F/Gas Mark 5 and grease a pie dish.
- Place the pieces of pumpkin on a large sheet of tin foil and sprinkle over the Tate & Lyle Dark Brown Sugar. Scrunch up the top of the foil to make a parcel. Use a fork to put a few holes in the top, then place in the oven for one hour. Remove from the foil and allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry to a size slightly larger than the pie dish. Brush the rim of the pie dish with egg glaze, then line the tin with pastry. Trim off and discard any excess pastry. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, place the Tate & Lyle Light Brown Sugar cooked pumpkin, spices, eggs and condensed milk in a processor or blender and whizz until completely smooth. Pour into the pastry case.
- Bake in the same temperature oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C/360°F/Gas Mark 4 and bake for another 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold with cream or ice cream and refrigerate for 15 minutes.