Mint & Lime Jelly
- 1.5kg tart green apples, roughly chopped
- 4 limes, grated zest & juice
- 40g fresh mint leaves, omit plus extra
- 1 kg Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Preserving Cane Sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Place the apples, lime rind and juice and 25g (1oz) of the mint in a large pan with 11 (1¾ pts) of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the apple is softened and pulpy.
- Pour into a jelly bag and strain into a bowl for 3-4 hours then discard the pulp.
- Measure the liquid and for every 600ml add 450g (1lb) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Preserving Cane Sugar. Return the liquid to the pan with the preserving cane sugar and bring to the boil, stirring until the preserving cane sugar dissolves. Boil for about 10-20 minutes or until setting point is reached.
- Remove from the heat and skim off any surface residue. Finely chop the rest of the mint, add to the jelly mixture then transfer to hot, sterilised jars. Seal, label and then store in a cool, dark, dry place.